Meander Valley Dairy products add a little indulgence to any dish. Whether it’s the perfect cream to serve with a dessert, rich butter to use when baking or cultured buttermilk to marinate chicken. Meander Valley Dairy products will add flavour and style to cooking.
Meander Valley Dairy SconesThese Scones are so easy to pull together in a short time. Pair with finger sandwiches and hot tea to create an authentic High Tea.
Cook Time: 10 mins
2 cups self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
50g cold Meander Valley Dairy Unsalted Cultured Butter, diced
125ml Meander Valley Dairy Traditional Buttermilk, plus extra for wash
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. Alternatively, pulse the mixture in a food processor until you get the same result.
- Create a well in the middle of the flour mixture. Whisk together buttermilk and eggs, pour into the well. Cut the flour with a knife to blend the milk into the flour until it comes together.
- Turn the dough onto a floured bench top and lightly bring the dough together (it is important to handle the dough as little as possible so it stays light). Pat out into a 2.5 cm thickness. Using a round cutter, cut the dough into portions.
- Place the scones onto the lined baking tray and lightly brush with milk. Bake for 10 minutes until golden and brown.
- Serve with raspberry jam and a dollop of double cream.
Meander Valley Double Cream