Meander Valley Dairy products add a little indulgence to any dish. Whether it’s the perfect cream to serve with a dessert, rich butter to use when baking or cultured buttermilk to marinate chicken. Meander Valley Dairy products will add flavour and style to cooking.
Buttermilk Scones with Jam and Cream RecipeWinner of the Australian Dairy Awards Best Cream category and Royal Hobart Fine Food Awards Best in Show 2017, Meander Valley Dairy’s double cream is Australia’s choice in pure double cream. Available in Woolworths stores across Australia and independent grocers.
Cook Time: 15 mins
2 cups self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 tbsp sugar
50g cold Meander Valley Dairy Unsalted Cultured Butter, diced
125ml Meander Valley Dairy buttermilk, plus extra for wash
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray.
- Sift flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. Alternatively, pulse the mixture in a food processor until you get the same result.
- Create a well in the middle of the flour mixture. Whisk together buttermilk and eggs, pour into the well. Cut the flour with a knife to blend the milk into the flour until it comes together.
- Turn the dough onto a floured bench top and lightly bring the dough together (it is important to handle the dough as little as possible so it stays light). Pat out into a 2.5 cm thickness. Using a round cutter, cut the dough into portions.
- Place the scones on the lined baking tray and lightly brush with milk. Bake for 12 minutes until golden and brown.
Serve with raspberry jam and a dollop of Meander Valley Dairy Double Cream.Back