Meander Valley Dairy products add a little indulgence to any dish. Whether it’s the perfect cream to serve with a dessert, rich butter to use when baking or cultured buttermilk to marinate chicken. Meander Valley Dairy products will add flavour and style to cooking.
Bread and Butter PuddingAdd an element of luxury to your sweets with the most decadently rich double cream, free from additives and thickeners. Winner of the Australian Dairy Awards Best Cream category and Royal Hobart Fine Food Award's Best in Show 2017, Meander Valley Dairy’s double cream is Australia’s choice in pure double cream. Available in Woolworths stores across Australia and independent grocers.
Cook Time: 45 mins
250ml Meander Valley Double Cream
30g Meander Valley Salted Cultured Butter
250g Meander Valley Crème Fraiche
Zest of 1 lemon
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
1 cup raw/brown sugar
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of Tasman sea salt
2 tbsp demerara sugar
1 loaf fruit sourdough (a few days old)
- Preheat oven 140 degrees Celsius.
- Cut sourdough into batons and add to a food processor. Blitz until the sourdough is in small chunks.
- To make the custard, add raw sugar, whole eggs and egg yolks to a bowl and mix together. Add in whole cream, crème fraiche, spices, pinch of salt and lemon zest and combine. Add fruit sourdough in with the custard mix and stir in until the sourdough has a nice coating of custard.
- Add mixture into a small lined roasting tin, sprinkle demerara sugar and crumbles butter cubes over the top. Place in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove pudding from the fridge and place in the oven for approximately 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place rhubarb in a steaming oven or steam on the cooktop for approximately 20 to 30 minutes. Place grapes on a separate tray and place in the oven with the pudding.
Serve with a dollop of crème fraiche, roasted grapes, steamed rhubarb and garnish with fresh micro herbs.Back